Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Episode 2




It all begins with a Sean’s daily “naked work out”, err, “shirtless work out”, followed by a steamy shower scene.  Literally, there was steam.  But Sean was alone.  Minus a large camera crew...  and from the pictures floating about the web the last few weeks, they were taking pictures.  Ok?!?!  So normal.  And then it hit me.  The only pictures we saw of Ben (Bachelor season 16) in the showers were of him sleeping in it.  Fully clothes.  Go figure.

Back at the the mansion, all the ladies happen to be hanging out on the half-moon couch.  Those moments just scream “staged” but there ain’t much realness on this show, except for maybe Sean’s abs.  Have you ever noticed the difference of how put together the girls look “lounging around” the first week, hair all done, makeup done, ... compared to the end of the show?  When they have run out of outfits or don’t care anymore?  #toofunny

So interestingly Sarah is picked to go on the first one-on-one date and no one is mad.  That usually means she’s nice.  Or everyone is afraid to say something bad because that would be really LOW.  Except for Kalon...  Check his twitter later.  Or don’t.  She was as nervous as she was excited.  I know I would be a bit nervous of what would fly in my face with the helicopter.  But Kalon wasn’t flying it, so she was safe.  Anyway, Sean blows her away (sorry).  Oh and Kacie is surprised (?) by the grand entrance.  Or was that jealousy?  Cuz she’s had a ride if I remember right.  She should have just said: “How about that riding” (a.k.a. Lindzi Cox – Bachelor top 10 favorite quote). 
I thought the chemistry looked a tad forced during the ride, you could tell they were uncomfortable, but things got better as the date when on.  So did the sayings.  WOW, the quotes I have from this episode are almost just enough to push me over the edge, and almost (nearly, not quite) as amazing as last season of the Bachelor.

Sarah:  “My ability to love has nothing to do with how many arms I have!”  Sarah, you are beautiful, and I love you, but I’m sure someone made you say this.  Because it doesn’t even make sense. 
Sarah: “I’m gonna start falling in love, it’s amazing”.  Oh?  In the words of Craig Robinson (@CRAIGR1) “I find what happens in girl’s mind fascinating.  This show is so messed up!”  Follow him on twitter for hilarious running commentary of everything and anything.  I agree with him.  This is fascinating stuff.

I’m not going to be recapping the dates; you can watch the show if you want to know what happened.  But I will simply point out things that stood out.  You don’t usually get a glimpse of the “real stuff” in this show, but I saw Sarah putting her bag in the helicopter.  They always show them running into the sunset and magically sporting a new outfits without ever having to bring a bag.  So unless they layer really well, that’s impossible.  So let’s get real.  Next was that exit sing on the roof, leading to nothing but a LONG fall down.  Remind me not to use that exit.  It did bring me back to that danger sing they had on Ben’s season when he when swimming with Jennifer Fritsch.  Actually Jackie and @JenniferFritsch are the same person!  Big reveal next week.
Jennife/Jackie

Sean's one liners were at an all-time-high on that roof top!  "Just you and me taking a leisurely fall down a building."   And then he giggles down.  She creams.  Very leisurly.  And they are all amazed that they fell off this building, and are fine.  That's because they never fell off the building.  They had a harness, and a rope.  The cute yellow chevron blanket they were sitting on is the only thing that made it better for me.  Although very often, the girl that gets the extreme date goes very far with the Bachelor. Anyway, she got the first real kiss.  No hands on the face.  No hair touching.  Arie is screaming at him TV I’m sure.  Bottom line, Sean didn’t treat her different because she was different.  Eeerrr I didn’t say that right.  He’s Mr. Perfect and he rolls with the punches.  Thumbs up!  Fist pumps.



The first group date is always a tough one, and when I say “tough” I mean “how the heck can people call this a date.”   What happens when you put Harlequin books and The Bachelor together?  I’m tempted to say #50shadesofgrey but she’s a ghost.  Instead you get a cat fight of women wanting the rose, the contract, the kiss, whatever.   And someone saying: “what’s her name?  Oh yeah, Tierra.” 
And we all got to see how Tierra is beginning to rub the other ladies the wrong way with her "good glow of life".  Sean is oblivious to it, but this is week one, how the heck should he know.  And people have been made to sound crazy on this show, who turned out to be perfectly normal people!!!  Jenna Burke anyone?  Normal.  You should also follow her!  @theoveranalyst

Daniella: "I'm most excited about my photo-shoot".  That's good.  Real good.

Kristy wanted to win way too much for my liking, and when she started talking the talk I wished she wouldn’t win the competition.  #winning prevailed.  She said: "I just want to scream", then the "home girl" does.  Great eyebrows don't go unnoticed.

Who really won?  Selma.  If I could fall in love with her more than I already was, I would.  The girl is sweet!!!  She deserves her prince charming who gets hot and bothered by things you can untie just as much as she does :)  And Lesley M.  could not have been cuter.  "Is this real life?  Am I blushing?"  I liked that she went back for the kiss after the staring contest, and I liked they showed a bit of awkward flirtation between her and Sean.

I applaud Katie, or do that yoga-prayer-like move she did night one, for realizing she wasn’t made for the show.  I just think it’s funny saying she’s the odd duck for not adjusting to the show.  I don’t think most people adjust.  So bless her heart.  RIP her hair.  As in R.I.P., although I do want to rip her hair.  For my head.  SO CUTE.

Kacie got the rose on this date after sharing a few hair tips with Katie and managed to make it out of the friend zone, without actually making out.  She is a professional at these group dates.  Sadly I don’t see the chemistry there on Sean’s part, but I find Kacie very her entertaining :)


Next comes the practical joke on Desiree.  First can I say the girl is stunning, has been the best dressed this season so far, and I absolutely love her & her smile!!!!! The producers outdid themselves pulling off this prank and making it work like it did.  Desiree could not have handled herself better.  Seriously, off camera, who doesn’t let out a fart, clean their teeth, fix their bra, etc???  She kept saying to the host: “It’s very interesting” as in: “I really don’t care!!”  Oh and Sean: “I’m a bad person!”  YEP!  She IS so sweet.  Side note, the artist looks like a serial killer, super generalization of artist looking like bums.  My favorite part was that Dez was trying not to laugh when the art broke.  I was belly laughing.  Especially when she said: “this is not happening right now”.

The Sean/Desiree convo about their parents was adorable.  They obviously have similarities and I feel like they are very compatible.  They are looking for the same thing: A best friend.  Unlike their conversation in the hot tub, which I could not pay attention to, being so distracted by the pool gargling sounds. 

Bottom line Dez could not have looked better in that bathing suit.  WOW.  I feel like this joke really set up their relationship in a playful way, even in the way she accepted the rose, or “almost didn’t”.  In their words (they both said this, is this a sign): “He’s feeling me and I’m feeling him.”  So they made out.  With some hands.  YEAH.



At the rose ceremony, Catherine was the first to get up when Sean walked in and give him a drink.  It’s the little things.  The girls were all so nervous, and Amanda was the brightest dark cloud I’ve ever seen brewing.  She turned on the smile just at the right moment and saved her energy for the big game.  If you are looking to purchase her dress, I’ve accidently set fire to the store.  Otherwise you could have.  However, she wasn’t there to make friends.  So it’s ok.

FASHION: (thanks to @possessionista - Dana Weiss) Follow her if you don’t already.


Lindsey held off on the booze, winning her some points with the bachelor.  I also liked her Cruela De Vil dress (as Mike Kelton @mikekelton would say). 
I loved Sarah’s chevron sequin dress (Parker), you can find it majorly on sale at 6PM.   --->
Leslie M one shoulder red rose ceremony dress was amazing on her (Herve Leger).
Robin’s yellow rose ceremony dress screamed BCBG (and it was).  It suited her so well.
My last favorite was Brooke, who was sent home (so sad), the soft PINK paired with the matching lipstick.  I’m not even a matching person.  But I LOVED it.
Selma's lipstick was also a big winner, she said it was fashion scoop MAC.  LOVE.

I saw some other nice lace dresses, but honestly there is so much happening in the first few
episodes that it’s really hard to see!

Speaking of beautiful hair, Diana looked amazing!!!!  For you people who do not know this, she owns Salon Shag in Sandy, UT (a Salt Lake City suburb) and is friends with Michelle Money.  Diana’s got crazy stylist skills — she’s the responsible for the coif that launched a 1000 swoons: Jef Holm’s.  Now you know.

Lastly I thought it was good Robyn brought up the “elephant in the room” of diversity.  With the bachelor just having faced a law suit in regards to this, I thought it was smart for them to include this.  However Sean’s answer was nothing rehearsed.  I think that is what I like the most about him.  He always has the right words.  And he’s ready to love anyone.  #lovefest as I would say with my bachelor fan friends :)


Until next week.

1 comment: