Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Episode 1

First night, numero un, uno. So many firsts!!! First time meeting the ladies. First time meeting the bachelor. First time at the mansion for everyone (except for Paige & Kacie). Nerves are running high. The ladies are high, or just mostly drunk. I’m high with excitement. No nerves at all, just pure, sheer, honest excitement that the Bachelor is back on my TUBE TV. Yes, I actually have a tube TV. Don’t judge. I still got to watch, along with you guys, Sean Lowe take off his V-neck shirt (the one he borrowed from Elan), and lift some weights for no apparent reason because he obviously doesn’t need to be doing that (No, really, I do understand it is needed in order to.......... never mind).

But let’s get back to Sean. Good old Sean. He’s actually not that old. So let’s stick with just Sean. So just Sean comes from a nice little family w/cute niece and nephew who call him Seanie. And all of America is swooned. They could have ended the show right there. At least they could have skipped that corny ROCK scene where Sean says something like I’m a rock. Or was it more like she’ll be my rock and I’ll be hers? I wasn’t paying too much attention, I was WAY too distracted by the awful camera work, shooting that couple getting married (what the heck???) and back to Sean, all blurry then sorta in focus and half not. What the heck? That was worse than the random lost cats in back alleys in Ben’s season. Who fed him that line anyway? Did it come along with Elan’s shirt??

Moving on. The intro videos!! I love those, and they were pretty straight forward. Here we go: Desiree is a designer. COOL. Looking forward to her fashion. She didn’t disappoint on night one, with that AMAZING-self-designed-red-dress. She rocked it. I was glad he gave her a rose, just based on that dress alone. But the girl is cute and she seems real.

Sarah rocked a great necklace in her intro video, and showed that she had some serious balls coming on this show with a disability. You go girl, I’m cheering you on.

Kristy is supper cute model who will hopefully bring on some drama. She can kick some butts at least. Or was it Lesley? Oh no, she just got a good LOOK at his buttocks with her football joke! AshLee tore at my heartstrings with her foster care family talk. I think that she could go far this season, based on the fact that she was raised by a pastor & given Sean’s seriousness about his faith.

Catherine is all bubbles.  We did not see much from her, so head out to the abc.com website to see her intro video there (along with Lauren).  Ashley had some serious shady intro video and her shadiness continued throughout the night. I’m mean like 50 shades of shady if you know what I mean. That said, I’m sorry she was sent home!!! I expect to see her lurking around BachelorPad4 mansion a la “mask” style. Did anyone else notice Sean saying a little prayer before the first limo pulled in?  I thought it was very appropriate given the situation!!!! I was overall pretty disappointed with the intros for meeting the bachelor, minus the bum fall from gymnast Robyn.  Bless her heart.  And her head.

Lipstick kiss Jackie? I mean I know you are a makeup artist, but I was hoping for a bit more... What probably happened is that she had gotten a new lispstic that day and really wanted to try it out.  Good thing for Selma coming to the rescue with the wipe.   Selma.  Selma.  Selma.  Just saying her name I feel hot.  She's so hot.  Right?   The (grey) tie was kindda cute, but Sean had no idea what the heck she (Ashley) was talking about, which made the whole thing awkward. Talking about forward, kissing him right off the bat was NOT a great idea!! This is Sean, he’s a gentlemen, this will not work!!! However the bride’s dress (Lindsay) was a good idea, just FORGO the kissing (twice!!!) next time. It showed she wasn’t taking herself too seriously, maybe that was the alcohol tho... But Seanie is a funny guy.

Daniella’s handshake made me cringe with it’s awkwardness being over the top. I’m sure Sean was cringing too. Actually it looked like he was trying to protect his goods more than anything else.  Poor girl, but fits pumps for going for it. Taryn was cute in her gorgeous dark blue dress, I thought it was nice she said she doesn’t watch the show so doesn’t know about it. I thought it evened out the “playing field” and that it was a smart move. Leslie calling him Mc.Steamy??? Sean must have been so confused. Unless he watched Grey’s Anatomy. And after all that 50 shades I don’t think he ever will again.


I thought the lace from Lacey was adorable and I was surprised she was sent home. The girl was really pretty!!! Paige is way too normal for this show. Sadly I think Sean thought she wasn’t there for the right reason as soon as she mentioned BachPad3. I cannot imagine a more down to earth person than Paige, so I’m sorry to say he got the wrong impression!  Paige, you need your own show where you cannot be sent home. Katie rocked that hot pink dress and has the cutest hair!!! She pulled out this yoga calming thing and it was cute (as she’s a yoga instructor).

I could say a lot about Tierra getting the first rose, but if Sean felt a connection, I’m glad he went with his gut. That says a lot about him. It did however make all the other girls really nervous which I think is unfortunate. Kacie coming back is a nice twist from the producers. I can see why they would do it since Kacie and Sean have so much in common. You could tell that Sean was surprise and didn’t realize that Kacie felt that way about him. She looked smoking in her black dress (same one Jac rocked on BachPad3 finale). She handled herself super well with the other women and I CANNOT wait for the one-liners that will come out of her mouth.

I feel like so many people have blogged about this episode so far and I don’t want to repeat the sameness here. I’m gonna say I cannot wait to see all the cattiness in the episodes to follow. I watch this show for the drama and fashion. Love is just a nice bonus. Until next time. I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment